Introducing Fort McKay Industrial Park’s only GM-approved automotive service centre, Rising Sun Services.
Rising Sun Services is an aboriginal business which is majority owned by the Fort McKay Group of Companies (FMGOC). The business partner and minority co-owner in this new company is Kaizen Automotive Group (partnered with local Summit GM) which is Alberta’s leading automotive group.
Wholly owned by Fort McKay First Nation (FMFN), the FMGOC includes under their management earthworks, labour, warehousing, freight businesses. The FMGOC is excited to now add light automotive sales, repairs and fleet services through Rising Sun Services. This also grow’s FMFN’s portfolio of companies from nine (9) to ten (10), the profits of which flow back to the Nation where they are used to pay for community program and services costs such as education and health care.
Leveraging Kaizen’s expertise and experience, the co-owners both believe the GM warranty approved service center will be well recieved to nearby oilsands customers. Formation of this new company also shows the Kaizen Automotive Group’s commitment to invest in Northern Alberta as well as the desire to create jobs to help the local economy grow and prosper.
WHY CHOOSE RISING SUN SERVICES?
- Get your commercial vehicles of all makes and models serviced by GM certified service technicians right in Fort McKay Industrial Park and save the 45-minute commute to Fort McMurray.
- The strategic and convenient location of the service centre allows industrial vehicles, mine sites and contractor trucks to get their vehicles serviced quickly, which translates to less downtime and a shorter commute.
- Better quality and conveniently located service for contractors in the Fort McKay Industrial Park area including mine sites.
- Better quality job creation for the Fort McKay region.
- Investment in Northern Alberta to help grow the local economy.